As we are approaching the Easter period, planning holidays and looking forward to better weather within the UK, we want to look at Interpack Ltd’s large and diverse range of injection moulded plastic Ice Cream containers produced within Coral Products (Mouldings) Ltd site at Haydock..
Ice cream is something that springs to people’s minds, particularly if visiting the South West of the UK as you plan an escape to the sea, or for those lucky enough a trip to Europe and the country of Ice Cream it’s self-Italy.
There are many new companies developing dairy based products, Interpack Ltd work with established companies that have for many years bought their products and come back when they are seeking something different or printable (IML). Interpack have a vast knowledge of the industry and work closely with other subsidiaries, in developing new and innovative ideas, they are aware of the history behind Ice Cream and its importance to cultures and our customers.
Here is an over view of some interesting Ice Cream facts.
- Ice cream was invented (reportedly) in China, however this was iced based and there are many conflicting facts.
- In the 10th century, milk-based ice cream was introduced to lessen the side effects of heat related issues, prior to this the cooling desert was simply ice flavoured with sweetened juices.
- The first recorded Ice Cream dish within the UK was reportedly served at a banquet for the Feast of St. George at Windsor Castle in 1671. It was a rare dish that only the guests that were sat at King Charles II’s table were permitted to consume it, they were permitted ‘one plate of white strawberries and one plate of iced cream.
- The largest recorded consumption of ice cream is not in Italy it is in the United States. On average a person consumes 48 pints of ice cream per year.
- It is recorded that the most popular flavour of ice cream is vanilla, followed by chocolate and strawberry.
- One of the most unusual ice cream flavours is Liver this is sold within Ice Cream parlours in Ferrera Italy and is aimed at sales for dogs.
- It takes 12 gallons of milk to create one gallon of ice cream.
At Interpack Ltd they pride themselves on having a business development team that are knowledgeable about products, those that are manufactured within the group and external as part of the import and distribution lines, the customer is always first and this knowledge is paramount to Interpack Ltd s success.
Interpack’s products are made from strong secondary usable injection moulded plastic, and many are IML (In Mould Labelling) printable, in a diverse range of sizes, shapes, styles, colours also they are stackable viewable and retail friendly.
If you are looking to develop your ice cream or gelato range, seeking new plastic packaging or keen to develop IML labelled products, contact Interpack Ltd directly at their UK based offices email@example.com to organise a site visit or product preview.